Saturday, October 17, 2015

Combos Sweet & Salty Chocolate Fudge


Sweet and Salty, its a taste that has gotten popular lately, although not one that applies to people if my love life is any indication. Chocolate covered pretzels have been around for a while, but this is the first time I've seen pretzel covered chocolate. If anything I think the label has it backwards, they should be called Salty and Sweet. The little bit of fudge acts like tiny life preserver in a lake of saltiness. Don't misread me these are pretty good, I like the salt, it's just that I'm used to a hint of salt to bring sweetness into focus, where this uses a hint of sweet to dull the sharpness of the salt. It's a very interesting interaction. If you remove the fudge from it's chitinous pretzel shell  (maybe with a tiny crab mallet?) you'll find the fudge is rich and creamy. If you don't (perhaps you broke your mallet at the last crabathalon) you'll barely notice it. Very good, but I do wish they had a little bit more fudge.

Donated by Grant and Pat
Found at 7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment