Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mamma Chia Chia Squeeze Green Magic


Ch-ch-ch-chia! I'm not quite certain this is food. When did chia go from being the stuff we coat our terra cotta pets with, to something we are supposed to eat? Were we supposed to eat our chia pets? If I coat my currently shorn scalp with this will I grow lovely green locks? Seriously, is this food? So many questions.
Should it look like this? Do I have to eat it?

With so many questions the only thing to do is try it. Eating it, that is, not spreading it on my head. Umm, well, sure is slimy. People like slimy, right? In addition to chia seeds (ch-ch-ch-chia!, I can't get that out of my head now), the "Green Magic" is made out of banana, mango, apple, kale, and a couple of other things I've never heard of and aren't going to look up (screw you, spirulina and chlorella). Everything is organic. There are at least ten times organic is listed on the package (I would have counted higher, but I ran out of fingers). It has plenty of Omega-3 and also 6 and 9, which again I've never heard of and won't look up. Suffice to say chia isn't going to be a flavor someday Oreo is going to stick between two cookies. I really don't like it. I wonder if I got a bad batch (it's certainly ugly enough), but I have the sneaking suspicion that it's this way intentionally. I'm more than willing to try "health" foods, but flavor must come first.

Found at Target


No comments:

Post a Comment