Thursday, July 3, 2014

Flying Dog Dead Rise Old Bay Summer Ale


As my bartenders will tell you, I am not much of a beer drinker. That being said, I do actually like beer and the thought of something new and innovative piqued my interest (as it always does). The beer is light and refreshing as one would expect from a summer ale. No one cares about the summer ale aspect though, the Old Bay is what catches catches the eye and enthralls the tongue. Old Bay or as it's known among my Virginia friends, "The Only Good Thing to come from Maryland", is a mixture of spices that are traditionally served on crabs and shrimp, but has since moved on to being featured as seasoning on an assortment of other foods. You really can't go wrong with Old Bay and that holds true with this beer. The Old Bay taste starts mild but becomes more distinct as you finish each delightful sip. I would certainly recommend drinking this paired with seafood, but it stands well on its own. I would also like to see how well it works when used in cooking or baking.

Found at Circle K
Donated by Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment