Thursday, July 17, 2014

Itsumo Spiced Ahi Tuna Jerky


Fish jerky? I was surprised when I first saw pork and bacon jerky, now I'm down right flummoxed. The only type of meat I haven't really seen jerked is chicken. I be seen it sold for dogs, but I guess the jerking process renders it too tough for human consumption. Speaking of the jerking process it really removes much of the distinctive tuna flavor from the meat. There's a faintly fishy smell when you open the bag, but the taste is almost the same as regular beef jerky. It's smoky and spicy and more than a little chewy. It's good but at more than sixteen dollars for two and a half ounces I'd stick to regular beef jerky unless you can't eat beef for some reason. Ok with all that out of the way, I can now laugh like Beavis and Butthead. Hehe, jerking process. Hehe fishy smell. Hehe.

Found at Whole Foods


No comments:

Post a Comment