Friday, August 15, 2014

Arcor Saladix Snacks Sabor Jamon


For those if you who don't speak Spanish, or speak it as poorly as me, "sabor jamon" means ham flavor. Arcor is the Argentine equivalent to a company like Nabisco, although these were bought in Uruguay. Don't ask me what Saladix means, I don't know and I refuse to look it up. Even though it's advertised as just ham it's actually ham and cheese. I really don't know why ham flavored snacks never really caught on here the United States because these are pretty good. It's a bunch of tiny crackers that while individually don't taste like much they certainly build to a pleasant taste. They are far less salty than most similar style American treats. There's also the fact that saying "jamon" pronounced "ham on" kind of makes me feel like I'm doing a poor Michael Jackson impersonation, so that's kind of fun too.

Found in Uruguay
Donated by my mom

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I saw the picture and freaked out thinking "OMG, I can't believe they have saladix in the US", then I read your post....

    ReplyDelete