Thursday, August 14, 2014

Skittles Darkside


I figured I was getting some kind of Star Wars themed candy (the Sith-berries taste like Sith-berries), but instead it turns out I bought the worlds first goth candy. It even has a slogan "The Other Side of the Rainbow" which sounds deep and dark until you realize that rainbows don't work that way. So I did what I had to do, put on The Sisters of Mercy, and dug in. Chances are, you eat Skittles like a normal person which is by taking a couple at a time and just tossing them in your mouth, and this works fine. The flavors all play nicely together and you may even be able to distinguish one or two individual tastes. I mean, only a complete psychopath would separate them individually.
No really, they came out of the box like that.

The individual flavors are loaded with pretentious goth names. Forbidden Fruit, which in classical art is often depicted as an apple is here some sort of grape punch flavor. Blood Orange, which is richer and slightly less sweet than regular orange. It has blood in its name so it's scary. Pomegranate, the fruit used to trap Persephone in the underworld for part of the year, is remarkably tangy and probably the most interesting out of the group. Dark Berry, which I've heard has the sweetest juice (or at least that's what my ex girlfriend told me) is here some kind of blueberry and maybe blackberry mix. Which leaves us with Midnight Lime. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS A "MIDNIGHT LIME"? There is no such thing as midnight lime. It might be covered in eyeliner, black lipstick and wearing fishnets on it's arms, but it's just regular old lime. Still, all the flavors are actually pretty good and it has been a while since I played a Bauhaus album.

Found at Walgreens 

No comments:

Post a Comment