Thursday, August 7, 2014

Lay's Kettle Cooked Wasabi Ginger Potato Chips



This is part 4 of 4 in Lay's 2014 "Do us a Flavor" contest. After the trials and tribulations of of this contest, I am finally done. Not done with potato chips, I still have plenty waiting for me to review, but done with hunting down all the different flavors. For once my hopes and dreams have come true. These chips are great. I wish I had bought a bigger bag. The wasabi is just the right amount, it won't blast your brains out, but you know what you are eating. The ginger is understated, but helps temper the wasabi and there is also a hint of soy sauce, that gives it a nice salty umami tang. Since these are kettle chips they are thicker and crunchier than the regular Lay's chips. They really make me crave sushi. I also want to crush them and use them to crust a tuna steak or shrimp. I now know who I'm going to vote for in the "Do us a Flavor" contest.

Found at Walgreens

No comments:

Post a Comment