Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chocolate Nugget Candy Factory Thin and Crisp Jalapeño, P-Nut Brittle


Whenever I think of peanut brittle I think of the old cans that had a spring snake inside that would jump out to scare you when you opened the lid. A good portion of me was expecting that when I opened this bag. I expected to be horrified, and to be fair it is a shade of green that would make the Incredible Hulk go green with envy if he wasn't already green.
I really shouldn't trust my expectations. It's actually quite mild, that or I've murdered my tongue with spicy foods and I can't tell anymore.  Don't get me wrong though, you can certainly taste the jalapeño and there is a bit of heat to it. It just takes a while to build up, but once it does it lingers. Speaking of lingering, being brittle (so that's why they call it that) when you bite into it shatters and leaves lots of little green crystals that stick quite tenaciously to your shirt, or in my case, chest hair. I feel like a sticky Oscar the Grouch. Being green, sticky, and hairy is making me feel a bit grouchy too, good thing it's still rather tasty.

Found at the Chocolate Nugget Candy Factory in Nevada
Donated by my friend Amy

1 comment: